“MMTB- Movie Making Throughout the Bay! Non Profit project supports the efforts of film-makers, performers and industry professionals throughout the Bay and WORLD WIDE by providing a collaborative, supportive and fun environment for them to create, connect and succeed. THE NEW MEMBER ZONE, will help Filmmakers Throughout the World Connect, Find Who they Need and come together to film and succeed. MMTB consists of Producers, Directors, Directors of Photography, Wardrobe Designers, Prop Masters, Make-up Artists, Writers, Actors, Performers, Sound Specialists, Editors, Distributors, Stage Managers, Location Scouts, Casting Professionals, Still Photographers, Storyboard Artists, Animators, Special Effects Artists, Crew of all types as well as all those that aspire to these creative positions.”
The first filming event was in February 2010 and has been held monthly in the SF Bay Area ever since with the exception of holiday months Nov and Dec.
TOP 5 Things you SHOULD KNOW about MMTB-
1. Filmmakers, Actors, Writers and Other Film Industry Professionals Should Join MMTB Filmmaking Events to Not Only Create Short Films on the Spot, but to Network and Find People they need for their Future Projects.
2. MMTB- Movie Making Throughout the Bay, a Pending 501c(3) Non Profit, is the best place to keep yourself active in your craft, or fine tune your art and continue creating on a monthly basis.
3. All MMTB Films are Screened and Voted on for Awards All Year Long and Annual Awards for Best of the Best.
4. MMTB’s Goal is Putting Bay Area on the Map for Filmmaking and Bring Funding to Create Great Long Term Jobs for the Bay!
5. Most Importantly – We provide a friendly comfortable and FUN environment with an attitude of – “If you say you can do it PROVE IT!” – No Auditions, No requirements, NO MEMBERSHIP FEES and YOU WILL BE EITHER IN OR PART OF A SHORT FILM EVERY MONTH- except Nov and Dec EVERY YEAR ALL YEAR LONG!
OUR NEW AND IMPROVED
- will take filmmaking in the Bay to the next level. The biggest complaint is finding who you need in the Bay. We are all here, but very spread out. NOW you can find who you need for your film, whether it be cast, crew, location, prop or maybe your lonely, need a date or roommate that understands your UNIQUE Film industry lifestyle cause they are in it!! Please utilize and share
–Why you SHOULD register with MMTB’s NEW WORLD WIDE MEMBER ZONE
1. FIND GIGS
2. FIND PEOPLE for YOUR GIGS- use our AMAZING hover pop up profile, this will help you narrow your search even more from the members list. Once you narrow your search, just hover your mouse over each profile and you will get a pop up of their profile summaries. (Note- You might need to refresh your page if you dont see the hover, and if you minimize your screen to fit the member list you are able to scroll down through the pop up profiles)
3. NETWORK- Tag People, Send Messages, See their Portfolios, Links to ALL their work and Social Media Profiles etc..
4. Get the WORD OUT about YOUR FILM or Trailer
5. PROMOTE yourself, your event, your PRODUCTION COMPANY
6. GET PAID
7. FIND A ROOMMATE
8. FIND A DATE
9. Enjoy Watching Independent Short Films from ALL OVER THE WORLD!
10. GET YOUR FILM SCENE at our MONTHLY OUTDOOR FILM FESTIVAL- Either by Submitting your Film or Taking the MMTB Producer’s Challenges, See Events Page for Details.
11. FIND EQUIPTMENT, BORROW IT, BUY IT ETC… Just search for the equiptment you need on our SEARCH page and you will get a list of people who own the equiptment. Then, you can send them a message, hire them for your shoot, or just ask them to buy or rent it from them.
12. NEED A FILMMAKER WITH A CERTAIN CAMERA- PERFECT!!!! You can to the right place. Use our search and narrow down by type of equipment and area willing to travel too. PAID and NON PAID
13. POST YOUR WORK. Use the Dashboard feature once your registered and POST anything you would like about yourself, your films, your work, etc…
14. MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!
–What MMTB Events Offers- (SF Bay Area ONLY for now)
1. Get to know your local filmmakers and find people you can work with
2. Actor or Filmmaker – Build a REEL very quickly FREE- (SF Bay Area ONLY for now)
3. Create at least one Short Film every month- (SF Bay Area ONLY for now)
4. Show off your skills and get hired!
5. Producer’s Challenges keep you filming outside of the events
6. IMDB Credits for many of the films made- (SF Bay Area ONLY for now)
7. Become part of a fast growing film family- (SF Bay Area ONLY for now)
8. Perfect your skills by practicing with us guerrilla style- (SF Bay Area ONLY for now)
–What are MMTB Filming Events?
1. Potluck – Lots of great food!
2. We create an average of four to nine short films on the spot monthly depending on how many teams
3. Lots of networking.
4. You are assigned a team, no auditions necessary.
5. DP’s with Cameras are free after they successfully submit their first MMTB DC film
6. $10 to get in with food item if you are registered.
7. $20 non-registered or no food item.
8. Every 2nd Saturday of each month Jan-Oct, and January we hold our Annual Event
9. Screening of all films made at previous events.
10. Films voted on my the attending
11. IMDB credits for winning films and most films qualify for IMDB credits once screened at an event.
12. MMTB awards and ribbons to winning short films and put on a DVD annually
13. Winning Films also get entered in the Annual Best of all Categories- Held in January
14. The DVD of winning films goes to Amazon first and then on Netflix
15. If there were donations that month, winning films may also win money
16. Special Theatre Screening Annually- Starting in end of the year 2012
17. Locations for the event vary monthly all throughout the entire Bay Area.
–What’s the Background on this Filmmaking Group?
MMTB- Movie Making Throughout the Bay! was founded by Elena Altman in Jan 2010.
The first filming event was in February 2010 and from then on we have
held filming events monthly- Every 2nd Saturday of the month all
across the Bay Area. There are also screening mixers, producer
challenges, film scavenger hunts, annual awards and much more.
Anything you aspire to be in the film industry, we can help make that
dream come true. Come film with us! Join the MMTB family. And one day,
you too will be holding and MMTB award.
What’s Elena Altmans’ Story
MMTB- Movie Making Throughout the Bay! Founded by Elena Altman in January of 2010.
Elena Altman was an ambitious entrepreneur and decided that she would pursue her dream of becoming an
actor. After attending multiple auditions and being told that she was a natural but, did not have experience she had to take matters into her own hands. She formed a film team, wrote a script, that she would act in, and made a short film all with zero dollars; she quickly learned how to edit and completed her first film “Blind Mind.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6YFSjsqLEQ This was so exciting for her that she went on to make dozens of short films and is currently in post for her first feature film called “Project Run.”
She found her passion in film, writing, directing, producing, and of course acting, which became a secondary passion. When the music group she was in on Facebook decided to take their page offsite, she branched out on her own. It drove her to create a group for filmmakers that is mainly based out of Facebook, and would not require anyone to leave or join a website or do anything that they didn’t want to do. When the page took off and she got over a thousand members in one month, everyone was petitioning her to throw an event. A few people offered their properties to get it going. Elena spent two nights coming up with an event that would satisfy every filmmakers needs and give actors the chance to prove themselves rather than fight for a part. The part would be written just for them, to match their appearance, style, acting capabilities and demeanor. Also depending on the wardrobe and props each actor had with them, gave them the opportunity to act in parts they always wanted to try for. It also gave them the opportunity to work with Directors and Producers from all over the Bay.
Once she threw her first event in a Black Hawk House in Danville in February 2010, the rush, the fun, and the demand for this event was apparent. Elena had to keep it going.
Since then MMTB has made over 200 short films as a collaborative and is now working on finishing the post-production for the first MMTB Feature Film- Project Run!
MMTB was working as a non-profit project and is currently filing for 501(c)(3) status as a corporation. MMTB has over 4400 members in the facebook group, over 2500 LIKES on the MMTB page and over 600 people registered for the monthly filming events. MMTB is steadily growing every month. MMTB- Movie Making Throughout the Bay has big plans for the future!
The MMTB Directors Challenge Event is every 2ND Saturday of the month from Jan-Oct with a break for holidays in Nov and Dec. On the events, filmmakers, network, film and screen, give awards and repeat. Eventually MMTB hopes to become the “American Idol” of film. For now Elena Altman does it all herself, but she hopes that in the future, when funding becomes available, she can form her dream team to really take MMTB to the next level.
Copyright MMTB – All Rights Reserved
CEO/Founder of MMTB- Movie Making Throughout the Bay!